Data Recovery from Corrupted TIB (Acronis TrueImage File) 1. Open TIB file (Acronis TrueImage Backup File) in MultiExtractor Main Window (Open File Button): 2. Acronis True Image is an easy-to-use and robust online backup solution for protecting files and disk images in the cloud. The service offers a ton of useful functionality, including full-disk.
I got the 4tb WD My Cloud with firmware v04.01.03-421. I do a full backup of my C drive to my WD My Cloud, it completes successfuly and it also validates the backup…
When i try to restore that backup to the same C drive using either from Windows or from recovery CD, it tells me my backup is corrupted…
Any REAL solution to this? I used google to find solution and the only one i found was to copy my backup files from the My Cloud to a USB drive… Which is not convenient at all!
I bought that fkin WD MY CLOUD for backup purposes to find out its not working as intended…
Thx for helping! War thunder german tank tree.
a pissed customer
In Acronis True Image you can recover files and folders both from file-level backups or from disk and Entire PC backups. You can restore files using Acronis True Image or in Windows Explorer.
Acronis True Image must be installed on the computer in order to perform recovery under Windows.
How to restore files in Acronis True Image
To recover files and folders:
- Start Acronis True Image and click Backup on the sidebar
- From the backup list, select the backup which contains the files or folders that you want to recover:
- On the right panel, click Recovery:
- Acronis True Image will display possible recovery modes for this backup. Depending on type of backup, possible recovery modes are: Entire PC, Disks, Partitions, Files. Select Files
- If necessary, select backup version (data state on specific date and time). By default the latest backup version is selected:
- Select the files and folders that you want to recover, and then click Next:
- Select a destination on your computer to where you want to recover selected files/folders.
- You can recover data to its original location, as selected by default
- Or choose a new one, if necessary. To choose a new location, click the Browse button:
- When needed, set the options for the recovery process (recovery process priority, file-level security settings, etc.). To set the options, click Recovery options. The options you set here will be applied only to the current recovery operation. You can learn more about recovery options in product documentation
- To start the recovery process, click the Recover now button.
You can stop the recovery by clicking Cancel. Please keep in mind that the aborted recovery may still cause changes in the destination folder.
How to restore files in File Explorer
To recover files and folders directly from File Explorer on a machine where Acronis True Image 2020 is installed:
- Double-click the corresponding .tib file, and then browse to the file or folder that you want to recover:
- Drag and drop or copy and paste the file to a selected folder:
Note: The copied files lose the 'Compressed' and 'Encrypted' attribute. If you need to keep these attributes, it is recommended to perform a recovery via Acronis True Image as described above.
How To Use Acronis Backup
If the backup is shown as empty when browsing it in Windows Explorer, rename the folder C:Users<your Windows account name>AppDataLocalVirtualStoreProgramDataAcronisTrueImageHomeDatabase, reboot the computer and try again.