- Acronis True Image Free Edition
- Acronis True Image Hangs When Cloning
- Acronis True Image Free Download
- Acronis True Image Freezes Free
- Acronis True Image Free Version
Backup task hangs at 'Calculating time remaining..'
- I have downloaded Acronis True Image WD software in an attempt to clone my internal drive, each time I open the program it freezes my computer. I uninstalled the program considering it may not have downloaded or installed correctly. I have done this three times, and each time I have uninstalled it and restarted my PC to ensure nothing was left.
- Home Acronis True Image Discussions Acronis True Image 2019 Forum Recovery freezes when using Recovery DVD Media. Welcome to Acronis Community! Log in to follow, share, and participate in this community. Products: Acronis True Image 9.0 - 11.0, 2009 - 2021 Disk Director 12.5 Acronis Revive Bobbo3C0X1.
- 6529: Acronis True Image Home 2010 Freezes Windows Vista or Windows 7 Operating System. (VolSnap), there were some modifications introduced in Acronis True Image Home 2010 (starting from Build 6029). The Acronis native snapshot driver (snapman) was moved from UpperFilters to LowerFilters to avoid conflicts with VolSnap (which.
Issue can reproduce with any backup source and destination.
Acronis True Image requires VSS part of Windows operating system to work correctly, especially when creating system backups. Advanced Windows users can look into the logs at C: ProgramData Acronis VssRequestorLogs to find more details about where exactly the failure occurs in the VSS subsystem.
The issue has various causes, the most frequent being Microsoft VSS-related problems. Follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
Acronis True Image Free Edition
Perform the following steps and retry the backup after each step:
1. Update Acronis True Image to the latest build: see this article for instructions.
2. Reboot the computer.
3. Run the free Acronis VSS Doctor tool to diagnose and fix possible issues with VSS part of Windows operating system. Some issues with VSS can be fixed by the tool automatically, some require a manual fix. Netbeans or eclipse for php development.
If the tool has not detected any problems, or all found issues have been fixed but the issue reproduces again, skip to the next step
4. If Acronis VSS Doctor detected a problem with VSS, but automatic fix was not available and you could not apply a manual fix, then act depending on what was selected as backup source:
A) For disk/partition backups of non-system drives, and file/folder backups: disable VSS usage under Backup Options: Advanced -> Performance -> Snapshot for backup select Acronis Snapshot, as shown on the picture below:
B) For Entire PC backups and backups of system drives: it is necessary to fix detected VSS issues. Switching the snapshot setting from 'VSS' to 'Acronis Snapshot' is not applicable. Acronis True Image requires VSS part of Windows operating system to work correctly, especially when creating system backups.
Advanced Windows users can look into the logs at C:ProgramDataAcronisVssRequestorLogs to find more details about where exactly the failure occurs in the VSS subsystem.
If VSS errors point to a particular software, for example, Microsoft SQL Server, and you do not need this software on your computer, uninstall it, reboot the computer and reattempt the backup.
5. If VSS Doctor did not find any problem with VSS, create a new backup task with the same settings and run it. If it resolves the issue, delete the old backup task.
If the new backup task hangs at 'Calculating time remaining..' too, run 'Repair' installation as described in this article, reboot and retry the backup
6. Check Windows event log for issues with environment, that could be causing the issue, as per https://kb.acronis.com/content/61335
7. Look at the last line of the backup log in the Log Viewer, see if it contains any helpful information about what part of the backup process fails and why.
Acronis True Image Hangs When Cloning
8. Advanced users on Windows: you can rebuild product database as described here , see if it helps to resolve the issue.
9. Repairing the software or fresh install can help in many situations, when all of the above has failed. See this article for instructions
This has been fixed
Acronis True Image Free Download
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2010
- Acronis True Image Home 2010 Plus Pack
- Acronis True Image Home 2010 Netbook Edition
The operating systems are:
Acronis True Image Freezes Free
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Using Acronis True Image Home 2010, you are trying to run a backup on a Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating system;
- The backup job makes the operating system unresponsive.
Because of the latest major changes in Windows Vista and Windows 7 native snapshot driver (VolSnap), there were some modifications introduced in Acronis True Image Home 2010 (starting from Build 6029). The Acronis native snapshot driver (snapman) was moved from UpperFilters to LowerFilters to avoid conflicts with VolSnap (which could have lead to backups failure or data corruption in backups). This change may sometimes manifest itself in a freezing Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating system on machines with rare software and hardware configurations.
Acronis True Image Free Version
This has been fixed, and the fix is available in the latest build of the product. Please see Installation of the latest update of an Acronis product.