By Gina Barrow, Last updated: January 25, 2020
Computers have been around for so long. Because of technology, we have depended on computers as the means to go about our daily tasks and as a reservoir for important data in our lives. Data are vital in everyday living. Data loss is a problem that most people are still having a hard time dealing with.
Thankfully, we have data recovery software to resort to when faced with a data loss dilemma. Disk Drill is one of the oldest data recovery software available. Here, we will share a Disk Drill review to help people get a better grasp of how disk drill works, what its features are and many other things.
Disk Drill is a popular data recovery software and it also has other available and useful features like data protection and drive backup. To help you better understand this software, MiniTool Software writes this post on Disk Drill review to introduce it in detail. What Does Disk Drill Do? Disk Drill is well-known for its data recovery feature. Yes, it is safe to use. I ran and installed Disk Drill on my macOS Sierra based iMac. A scan using Bitdefender found no viruses or malicious code. There are a few times you need to exercise care when using the program.
Disk Drill Safe To Use Download
Part 1 - What is Disk Drill?
In the technology world, data loss is the enemy. No one wants to be left out without data. Disk Drill is a professional file recovery software program. It is made to recover files from permanent loss and to secure data.
Disk Drill is simple, quick, and easy-to-use. It is a hard drive data recovery app for Windows that is free. It can also support Windows XP, Vista 7, 8, and 10. Using Disk Drill will allow you to recover by up to 500MB of data that is a loss. All that for free.
Part 2 - Disk Drill Review of Features
The software can only be as good as the features it offers. Before we discuss any further, here are some features that you can expect after downloading and installing Disk Drill:
Feature 1: Great User Interface
Users can expect a breezy usage of Disk Drill. It comes with an interface easy to control. There are dedicated panels on the right side of the main window of the Disk Drill display that allows you to choose what you want. Whether you are in it for data recovery drive backup or data protection, the choice is yours to take. Also, you can also decide whether to load a previously saved scanned session or go for the sessions that were recently done. It also comes with a menu bar option that showcases scan results with a click.
Feature 2: Excellent Recovery Capability
Who doesn’t love a data recovery that can revive a multitude of data types? It does not matter how you lost or deleted your data; Disk Drill is here to recover data for you. You may have emptied your Recycle Bin, accidentally formatted disk or have a corrupted SD card, we can fix all these with Disk Drill. Disk Drill comes with a sophisticated algorithm that allows for the scanning of drives for easy recovery and revival of photos, videos, documents or any other data that is deleted. Even better is the flexibility it offers as you can pause, save, or restart the data scanning.
Feature 3: Added Tools for Data Protection
Software becomes a standout when it offers additional features that you can’t find elsewhere. With Disk Drill, you can access additional data protection tools. It comes with a tool’s Recovery Vault that you can configure to save your essential files and folders from accidental deletion. It acts similarly to a Recycle Bin where you can easily recover lost data with the need for full scanning and progress of recovery.
There are a lot of things to love about Disk Drill. These include data recovery from formatted disks or partitions, finding lost partitions, the intuitive recovery process, Windows and Mac support, and recovery of data from any disk-based device. Among the files, types that Disk Drill can recover are images, documents, audio, video, and archives.
Part 3 - How to Use Disk Drill
Based on Disk Drill review, there is a myriad of benefits you can expect when you install and download Disk Drill. It is a do-it-yourself data recovery software easy to use. These are the steps you need to remember when using Disk Drill:
- Step 1: Use your Windows computer to download and install Disk Drill. Should you be using your main hard drive data recovery, you can opt to download and install by using a removable USB flash drive to protect your recovery media. If you are using an external drive to recover the data, make sure to connect the external drive to the computer.
- Step 2: Open Disk Drill and choose the device from where to recover data.
- Step 3: Start scanning. Begin scanning by pressing the Search for lost data button. You can opt for the default option or choose a specific method depending on your preference, you can choose Deep Scan if you want.
- Step 4: Preview the progress of the scanning. On the window presented, check the status bar to see the progress of the scan, you can also see the number of files in different categories like video, documents, and others. Preview the file before starting the recovery process.
- Step 5: Choose the files to recover. After the completion of the scan, choose the files you want to recover. On the left side of the filename, you can find a box, tick it if you want to recover it and click Recover.
- Step 6: Choose a recovery file location. Also, choose a location for where you want the recovered data to be saved. Make sure not to use the original destination so as to prevent data corruption. Click the OK button after choosing the recovery location you desire.
Follow these steps and you will get a notification after completing the recovery if the process was successful. Should you need to recover more files, just go back to the disk list.
Part 4 - FoneDog Data Recovery as an Alternative to Disk Drill
The Disk Drill review offers valuable insight when it comes to data recovery. Data recovery is a go-to method that many people resort to to save data. FoneDog Data Recovery is the best alternative software you can use if you are looking for a data recovery software that is fast, easy, secure, and safe to use.
Data RecoveryRecover deleted image, document, audio and more files.Get deleted data back from computer (including Recycle Bin) and hard drives.Recover loss data caused by disk accident, operation system crushes and other reasons.
Disk Drill Safe To Use For Mac
FoneDog Data Recovery offers a professional-like service and performance with no extra costs. It is a dependable and reliable data recovery software that comes with a free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee. No other software can top that. What’s even better us it offers the highest success rate in data recovery. With FoneDog Data Recovery, no data is lost forever. Use this software and recover the data you want and as it should be!