Jitsi Meet is a free open source video conference web application available for free use online or with desktop software.
Like Google Meet and Zoom video conferencing, You can easily create a Jitsi meeting in your browser within seconds without installing additional software or browser extensions.
But Jitsi Meet doesn’t require an account to use any of it’s ever-growing features:
Mattermost Screen Sharing
Mattermost’s self-hosted platform offers unmatched control over data, legal compliance, and privacy. If data control is your teams’ priority, Mattermost must be the solution, for it provides full access to source codes, libraries, and server APIs, without any monitoring by a third-party tool. Jitsi plugin for Mattermost:electricplug. Contribute to mattermost/mattermost-plugin-jitsi development by creating an account on GitHub.
- Screen sharing
- Group chat
- Collaborative document editing
- Integration with Google and Microsoft Calendar
- Integration with other popular collaborative software including Slack and MatterMost
There are also Jitsi Meet mobile apps for Apple and Android devices. Jitsi is a great option for quickly setting up a teleconference. Acronis true image recovery disk.
Below we’ll cover how to install Jitsi Meet and create a Jitsi meeting.
Only pay for the server resources you need with our multiple Cloud Server hosting options.
Install Jitsi Meet on Ubuntu Server
Matter Most Jitsi Meeting
- Install the Jitsi repository key:
- Create a new repository sources file – sources.list.d – for the Jitsi repo:
- Install apt-transport-https to access packages with an SSL (HTTPS) connection:
- Update your Ubuntu server package lists:
- Install the Jitsi Meet full suite:
- When prompted, type your intended hostname or domain for the Jitsi URL
- Choose to use self-signed SSL (Let’s Encrypt) or your own preinstalled SSL
Regardless of your above choice, we recommend you install a free Let’s Encrypt SSL certicate with Certbot if you need an SSL rather than using an insecure (HTTP) connection.
Matter Most Jitsi Meet Download
Create a Meeting
- After installing Jitsi Meet, visit your Jitsi URL to create a video conference
- In the upper-right corner, select the Settings icon
- Here you can configure your camera, microphone, display name, Gravatar email, and language settings
- Select OK to save changes
- Add a meeting name and select GO to create a Jitsi meeting