|Initial release||2002; 19 years ago|
|Stable release||8.14.0 (November 23, 2020; 5 months ago) [±]|
|Type||Bug tracking system, project management software|
Jira (/ˈdʒiːrə/JEE-rə) is a proprietaryissue tracking product developed by Atlassian that allows bug tracking and agileproject management.
The product name is a truncation of Gojira, the Japanese word for Godzilla. The name originated from a nickname Atlassian developers used to refer to Bugzilla, which was previously used internally for bug-tracking.
Hello, We are changing our jira proxy settings within our linux server and need to know where does our current proxy settings reside and in what configuration file within the linux server. We looked at bunch of different files related to proxy but unable to find the exact file where we would have t. Log in to Jira, Confluence, and all other Atlassian Cloud products here. Not an Atlassian user? Sign up for free. Software developers, students, and a few sea creatures have spoken. GitKraken is the most popular Git GUI in the world—named the most used graphical user interface for Git in the 2020 State of the Software Development Report.
Project and issue tracking. Get an overview of version control and the role that Sourcetree plays. Find how to pull. Go to the Sourcetree website and click the download button. From the ZIP file you download, click the application file (EXE for Windows or DMG for Mac) to download. After you install, you'll have to agree to the Atlassian Customer Agreement and hit Continue. You need an Atlassian account to use Sourcetree.
Jira Sourcetree Branch
According to Atlassian, Jira is used for issue tracking and project management by over 180,000 customers in 190 countries. Some of the organizations that have used Jira at some point in time for bug-tracking and project management include Fedora Commons,Hibernate, and the Apache Software Foundation, which uses both Jira and Bugzilla. Jira includes tools allowing migration from competitor Bugzilla.
Jira is offered in four packages:
- Jira Core is intended as generic project management.
- Jira Software includes the base software, including agile project management features (previously a separate product: Jira Agile).
- Jira Service Management is intended for use by IT operations or business service desks.
- Jira Align is intended for strategic product and portfolio management
Jira is written in Java and uses the Pico inversion of control container, Apache OFBiz entity engine, and WebWork 1 technology stack. For remote procedure calls (RPC), Jira has REST, SOAP, and XML-RPC interfaces. Jira integrates with source control programs such as Clearcase, Concurrent Versions System (CVS), Git, Mercurial, Perforce,Subversion, and Team Foundation Server. It ships with various translations including English, French, German, Japanese, and Spanish.
Jira implements the Networked Help Desk API for sharing customer support tickets with other issue tracking systems.
Sourcetree Jira Link
Jira is a commercial software product that can be licensed for running on-premises or available as a hosted application.
Atlassian provides Jira for free to open source projects meeting certain criteria, and to organizations that are non-academic, non-commercial, non-governmental, non-political, non-profit, and secular. For academic and commercial customers, the full source code is available under a developer source license.
In April 2010, a cross-site scripting vulnerability in Jira led to the compromise of two Apache Software Foundation servers. The Jira password database was compromised. The database contained unsalted password hashes, which are vulnerable to dictionary lookups and cracking tools. Apache advised users to change their passwords. Atlassian themselves were also targeted as part of the same attack and admitted that a legacy database with passwords stored in plain text had been compromised.Washroom space saver.
When launched in 2002, Jira was purely issue tracking software, targeted at software developers. The app was later adopted by non-IT organizations as a project management tool. The process sped up after the launch of Atlassian Marketplace in 2012, which allowed third-party developers to offer project management plugins for Jira.BigPicture, Portfolio for Jira, Structure, and Tempo Planner are major project management plugins for Jira.
- ^'Jira'. Atlassian.com. Retrieved 8 September 2020.
- ^'About us'. Atlassian.com official website. Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- ^'Update Jira Software Server'. Atlassian.com. Retrieved 2 December 2020.
- ^'How is JIRA pronounced?'. Atlassian.com official website. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
- ^ ab'What does JIRA mean?'. Atlassian.com official website. Retrieved 5 November 2019.
- ^'Customers'. Atlassian.com official website. Retrieved 2 December 2020.
- ^'Fedora Repository Project'. DuraSpace. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- ^'Hibernate Home page'. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- ^'Issues.Apache.org'. The Apache Software Foundation. Retrieved 15 September 2011.
- ^'ApacheJira'. Apache.org. Retrieved 25 September 2008.
- ^'Jira Overview'. Atlassian.com official website. Retrieved 20 April 2020.
- ^'Jira Align'. Atlassian official website. Retrieved 20 April 2020.
- ^'JIRA RPC Services'. Atlassian.com official website. 21 October 2011. Retrieved 3 January 2012.
- ^'Integrating with Development Tools'. Atlassian.com official website.
- ^'Subversion JIRA plugin'. Atlassian.com official website. 18 July 2012. Archived from the original on 27 January 2013. Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- ^'Choosing a Default Language'. Atlassian.com official website. Retrieved 13 October 2011.
- ^Latkiewicz, Matthew (7 June 2011). 'Zendesk's JIRA Integration Rocks!'. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- ^ ab'Licensing and Pricing'. Atlassian.com official website. Archived from the original on 14 July 2011. Retrieved 10 July 2011.
- ^Golucci, Philip (13 April 2010). 'apache.org incident report for 04/09/2010'. Apache Software Foundation. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- ^Cannon-Brookes, Mike (13 April 2010). 'Oh man, what a day! An update on our security breach'. Atlassian Blogs – Atlassian.com official website. Atlassian. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- ^'Atlassian Launches A Marketplace For Project Management Add-Ons – TechCrunch'. techcrunch.com. Retrieved 2 July 2018.
- ^'Jira Project Management Tool. Compare 'big 4' SoftwarePlant'. SoftwarePlant.com. 24 March 2018. Retrieved 2 July 2018.