- Sun Clock
shows time zones around the world a well as the time at locations of your choice.
- HourWorld World Clock
HourWorld is a program with rich graphics that can show you what time it is in a certain part of the world, and well as demonstrate what is actually looks like over the globe.
HamTimer was written by WF0GM to provide a way of showing both UTC Time and Local Time simultaneously, Provide a reminder to the Amateur Operator to identify his/her station every 10 minutes as necessary, Sound an alarm for WWV solar activity announcements each hour.
- UTC World Clock
Dual display shows UTC or local time on top and lower display shows time in another time zone or country selected from a list.
- BktTimeSync- BktTimeSync synchronizes the PC time using an internet time server (NTP server) or a GPS receiver connected to USB, serial port or Bluetooth.Great for use with digital modes like FT8, JT65, JT9, JS8Call and others. For the operation of this program requires an active internet connection or a GPS receiver. This program works on all versions of Windows 32 or 64 bit
- Dimension 4- Freeware software that synchronize your PC's clock.Dimension 4 monitor your Internet connection and automatically adjust your PC's clock when you're online at an interval you specify.[ Hits: 1622 Votes: 3 Rating: 7.67 ]
- GPS time- GPSTime is a small freeware applet that corrects your PC clock using GPS.GPSTime reads the serial data coming out of your GPS receiver and decodes the $GPRMC messages to determine the precise UTC time. Works on Windows Vista/7/8/10 with PC with serial ports.
- GPS2Time - A means of sync-ing your computer clock using a GPS Receiver. GPS2Time is another GPS network time synchronization software application for Window 7 and higher. Freeware.[ Hits: 215 Votes: 1 Rating: 10 ]
- Gray line map for Windows- Gray line map is a windows application for your desktop that show the gray line map of the world.Easy resizable and draggable anywhere in your windows desktop updates the gray line status every 10 minutes
- HamTime- Announce your callsign at least once every ten minutes. HamTime runs in the corner of the screen and gives you an audible alarm when that announcement is due.[ Hits: 1568 Votes: 0 Rating: 0 ]
- HamTimer- HamTimer was written by WF0GM to provide a way of showing both UTC Time and Local Time simultaneously, Provide a reminder to the Amateur Operator to identify his/her station every 10 minutes as necessary, Sound an alarm for WWV solar activity announcements each hour.
- HourWorld World Clock- HourWorld is a program with rich graphics that can show you what time it is in a certain part of the world, and well as demonstrate what is actually looks like over the globe.[ Hits: 2897 Votes: 2 Rating: 5.5 ]
- Interactive World Clock- World Map - Time Zones realtime map allow to select and display current time for selected regions
- JTSync- JTSync is a simple utility that provides the ability to synchronize your computer clock over a network with world-wide NTP servers. When the Internet connection is not available, JTSync allows you to make time adjustments based on decoded QSOs within the WSJT-X application.[ Hits: 550 Votes: 3 Rating: 6.33 ]
- LCD Clock- Ham Radio LCD Clock Utility for Macintosh OS X and Windows by GM4JJJ
- Meinberg NTP for Windows- Meinberg NTP software to sync your computer clock. NTP client package with IPv4 IPv6 support for Windows XP and newer.[ Hits: 247 Votes: 0 Rating: 0 ]
- NERDAlert 2000- NERDAlert 2000 is an ID timer, with extras
- NetTime for Windows- NetTime is a simple and free software to sync your computer clock via internet. Very useful tool for FT8 FT4 operating modes.[ Hits: 369 Votes: 0 Rating: 0 ]
- Radio Clock- Radio Clock listens to radio time signals from your radio and corrects the time on your PC clock
- Sun Clock- shows time zones around the world a well as the time at locations of your choice.[ Hits: 2947 Votes: 9 Rating: 5 ]
- Time-Sync for Windows- Time-Sync is a freeware software to synchronize the time of your system. Time-Sync is installed as a service, the configuration is very easy for each user and can be done in a few steps. Up to five redundant time servers can be configured.
- ToyNtp- ToyNTP is a simple freeware time server for Windows that implements the SNTP protocol and uses a GPS receiver, Garmin GPS 18x LVC, as time reference. ToyNTP was designed to be used with Faros in the locations where access to the SNTP servers on the Internet is not available, but it may be used for other purposes as well, in particular, it may be configured to keep the PC clock synchronized to a GPS receiver.[ Hits: 49 Votes: 0 Rating: 0 ]
- UTC World Clock- Dual display shows UTC or local time on top and lower display shows time in another time zone or country selected from a list.
- World Clock- This World Clock displays time in two user selectable time zones. Each time zone can be switched between 12h and 24h format.[ Hits: 1222 Votes: 2 Rating: 5.5 ]
NOTICE: NIST has established a mailing list (Google Group) to inform users of status changes of the Internet Time Service. If you wish to subscribe to this list, please send your name and email address to: [email protected] The table below lists the time servers used by the NIST Internet Time. What are the pros and cons have having all/most of your server in UTC? It would certainly help in reporting and centralized logging. Also with event correlation for troubleshooting or security auditing. One also wouldn't have to worry as much about Daylight Saving Time changes.
UTC is a 24-hour time standard that helps the world’s timing centers keep their time scales synchronized. It is based on Universal Time (UT1), which uses the speed of the Earth’s rotation to. When the first user logs into Windows 10 or Windows Server and identifies their region, Windows sets the time zone. The user can change the time zone at any time. Windows updates the time zones in the registry when time zones are available and updates are downloaded.
Search The DXZone.com
Software : Time Software
List of programs to synchronize your computer, to display utc time or world zone.
About The DXZone.com
Sign up for daily Newsletter
Free for your Site
There are plenty of online sources of UTC time (Universal Coordinated Time) available in the UK. These UK time servers are primarily stratum 2 devices which means that they do not connect directly to an atomic clock source but connect to another time server that does.
While stratum 2 time servers are not quite as accurate as stratum 1 devices (such as a dedicated time server) they can still provide an adequate source of time for synchronisation purposes.
However it must be noted that Network Time Protocol authentication, the security measure used by NTP to ensure the quality of the time source, is unavailable over the internet. It should also be noted that by using an online UK time server, a UDP port will have to be kept open in the firewall for timing information to get through (port 123) which can be used by malicious users as a means to get into the network. For this reason Microsoft amongst others, strongly recommend an internal time source such as a dedicated NTP server should be used rather than internet sources of time.
However, for your reference only here are some stratum 2 UK time servers:
|NTP Server Hostname||IP Address||DNS||Location|
|Yes||Various in the UK|
|Yes||Various in the UK|
The above online UK time servers are subject to change and are not connected to Galleon Systems in any way. Galleon Systems takes no responsibility for any external NTP server, the above addresses are for information purposes only and are to be used at your own risk. Html xampp.