XAMPP has been around for more than 10 years – there is a huge community behind it. You can get involved by joining our Forums, adding yourself to the Mailing List, and liking us on Facebook, or following our exploits on Twitter. WampServer is also another tool used for creating web applications and PHP.
Hello Python programmers, in this tutorial, we are going to learn how to create a database in MySQL using Python. Before jumping to the discussion on how to create MySQL database in Python, I would like to show you which Connector we are going to use and how to install it.
I am going to use MySQL Connector/Python. If you know this jump to the Python program directly.
Or you can learn How to install MySQL Connector in Python
Then I can assume that you know how to How to Connect MySQL with Python
If you don’t know don’t panic or don’t worry as the above-mentioned tutorial are so much easy that you can understand those kinds of stuff within a few minutes.
Create a database in MySQL using Python
Follow these steps:
- Run your MySQL Server. ( If you are using XAMPP then start Apache and MySQL from XAMPP Control panel otherwise use cmd to start MySQL server )
- Use the below Python Program to create a database in MySQL
Python Program to create database in MySQL
At the top of our program, we have imported mysql.connector
Xampp For Python Online
If you run this program and get no errors in the output that means everything is fine.
A database with name MY_TEST_DB will be created successfully.
- host is a variable to store the hostname. Generally, the hostname for the local server is localhost or 127.0.0.1
- user is a variable to store the username of your MySQL server.
- passwd is a variable to store the password of your MySQL server.
execute() function accept the MySQL statements as parameter. Utc to central time converter.
To create a database in MySQL the statement is:
Opencv Python Install
With the help of the MySQL Connector/Python we can use all acceptable MySQL statements in our Python program.