Apache, mac os x, setup virtual host xampp, virtual host, virtualhost mac os x and xampp This entry was posted on March 5, 2012, 3:38 AM and is filed under OS X, PHP, Web development. You can follow any responses to this entry through RSS 2.0. XAMPP for Mac OS X is an essential application package for every web developer. In it you will find the Apache server, programming languages PHP and PERL and the database manage system MySQL. XAMPP is one of the most robust personal web server applications. It is available for Linux, Windows and Mac OS environments. It is also very easy to install, configure and use. Using a personal web server allows you to work locally from.
Question or issue on macOS:
I install XAMPP server on MAC OS 10.6 it was working fine.
After a lot of days I checked it, but not working this time, localhost not opening this time.
after some R&D I reinstall XAMPP server after uninstall
When I start the apache after reinstall it giving port 80 running a another webserver Then I restart system, then apache start ok, but same local host not working
Then I check Web Sharing in my System Preference then it was already Tuned Off …
Please anybody tell me where I am wrong?
How to solve this problem?
Solution no. 1:
This is what helped me:
This command killed Apache server that was pre-installed on MAC OS X.
Solution no. 2:
I had to disable OSX’s built-in Apache server (XAMPP support thread):
This allowed XAMPP to start on 80, while POW runs on 20559.
What had failed: I reconfigured
/etc/apache2/httpd.conf to listen on an alternate port and rebooted OSX. No luck.
Solution no. 3:
How To Use Xampp On Mac
Solution no. 4:
This solution worked perfectly fine for me.
1) close XAMPP control
2) Open Activity Monitor(Launchpad->Other->Activity Monitor)
3) select filter for All processes (default is My processes)
4) in fulltext search type: httpd
5) kill all httpd items
Pleated vacuum seal bags for food. 6) relaunch XAMPP control and launch apache again
How To Install Xampp In Mac Os
Solution no. 5:
To be able to do this, you will have to stop apache from your terminal.
After you’ve done this, your apache server will be be up and running again!
Hope this helps
Solution no. 6:
This is because in Mac OS X there is already Apache pre-installed. So what you can do is to change the listening port of one of the Apaches, either the Apache that you installed with XAMPP or the pre-installed one.
To change the listening port for XAMPP’s Apache, go to /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/etc and edit httpd.conf. Change the line “Listen 80” (80 is the listening port) to other port, eg. “Listen 1234”.
To change the one for pre-installed Apache, go to /etc/apache2. You can do the same thing with file httpd.conf there.
After changing you might need to restart your Mac, just to make sure.
Solution no. 7:
I had similar issue after integrating MongoDB into XAMPP. However executing the command “sudo apachectl stop” fixed the problem
Solution no. 8:
Run xampp services by command line
To start apache service
sudo /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/bin/apachectl start
To start mysql service
sudo /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/bin/mysql.server start
Both commands are working like charm 🙂
Solution no. 9:
Found out how to make it work!
I just moved apache2 (the Web Sharing folder) to my desktop.
go to terminal and type “mv /etc/apache2/ /Users/hseungun/Desktop”
actually it says you need authority so
type this “sudo -s” then it’ll go to bash-3.2
set your password and then “mv /etc/apache2/ /Users/hseungun/Desktop”
try turning on the web sharing, and then start xampp on mac
Solution no. 10:
I was having this exact problem, the above solutions didn’t make much sense to me.
Turn of Bluetooth! Worked a treat .
After connecting my macbook pro to iphone5 (hotspot) I started getting error message, after turning of bluetooth the error message is gone .Hope that helps somebody!
Hope this helps!
XAMPP is one of the most popular PHP development environment available right now. Best thing about xampp is that it is completely free and it also includes MariaDB and Perl.
Apache friends recently develop XAMPP-VM for OS X users which serve as a virtual machine for OS X. In this tutorial we are going to download XAMPP-VM on OS X.
What is the difference between XAMPP for OS X and XAMPP-VM?
XAMPP for OS X is a native installer for OS X. It installs Apache, PHP and other XAMPP components directly on your OS X system, in the /Applications/XAMPP folder.
XAMPP-VM is a virtual machine for OS X. It includes Apache, PHP and other XAMPP components and runs them in a Linux-based virtual machine on your OS X system.
For more information, refer to the blog post at https://www.apachefriends.org/blog/new_xampp_20170628.html.
How to intall XAMPP-VM on Max OS X:
- Download XAMPP-VM for OS X from Apache Friends
- Open dmf file and installation will start
- Drag and Drop XAMPP folder to Application folder
- Goto Application folder and click on XAMPP
- Dialogue box will open with the message (XAMPP is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it). Just click on Open
- Another dialogue box will open saying this seems to be the first execution of the software. Just click on OK.
- Another dialogue box will open asking for system user name and password. Just type user name and password and click OK
- XAMPP control panel will start. There are 5 tabs (General, Services, Network, Volumes and Logs) in the top. Among which default selective tab is General.
- Click on the Start button in General tab and services will start.
- There will be IP address appears in front of IP Address. Copy this IP and paste into browser address bar and hit enter. You will see the Apache Friends Page.
- Congratulation you have successfully installed and run XAMPP.
- But if you want to run xampp as a localhost then go to Network tab and Enable localhost:8080
- After click on Enable go to the browser and type
localhost:8080you will see default XAMPP page.
- For XAMPP folder path click on Volumes tab. In this tab you can mount
/opt/lamppfolder to the xampp. Right now there are 3 buttons Mount, Unmount and Explore respectively and all are disable. Click on the Mount button and it will enable explore button. Now click on the explore button and it will take you to the xampp folder. There is a htdocs folder, you will put all of your PHP projects and script in
htdocsdirectory. If you want to access particular projects or script in the browser. Just go to the browser and type
localhost:8080/scriptnameand script will open.
Also Read: Insert data in Mysql using Php Form
For your convenience I took the step by step screenshots of above points which you will see in below.
Xampp Control Panel Mac
Xampp Download For Windows 10
Also Read: How to fetch data from Mysql using PHP