Setup a development environment with free and open source web server solution stack (XAMPP) and Database management software (phpMyAdmin)
Hello youtube, as per requested by a friend. This video will show on how to setup your navicat using MySQL in XAMPP.Just follow the easy steps. However, if you setup a root password for XAMPP or enabled security for XAMPPmysql combination (like AMPPS), then you MUST creat a user for the database and use that user's name and password when configuring Joomla! Hope this helps.
XAMPP is the title used for a compilation of free software.The name is an acronym, with each letter representing one of the five key components. The software packet contains the web server Apache, the relational database management system MySQL (or MariaDB), and the scripting languages Perl and PHP. EDIT: The MySQL configuration file should be in. Xampp mysql bin my.ini. You need to find the bind-address parameter and change it to 0.0.0.0. Everyone on your network should then be able to connect that MySQL instance. Of course, that may include people who better shouldn't do that. This video will discuss how to create a database using PhpMyAdmin and connect to that database using PHP- mysqli. Syntax is discussed as well as some best pr.
2300 utc to est. Converting EST to UTC. This time zone converter lets you visually and very quickly convert EST to UTC and vice-versa. Simply mouse over the colored hour-tiles and glance at the hours selected by the column. EST stands for Eastern Standard Time. UTC is known as Universal Time. UTC is 4 hours ahead of EST. Universal Time Coordinated is 4 hours ahead of Eastern Daylight Time 2:00 am 02:00 in UTC is 10:00 pm 22:00 in EDT. UTC to EST call time Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 1pm-6pm in UTC which corresponds to 8am-1pm in EST. Scale: 00:00 00:05 00:10 00:15 00:20 00:25. Universal Time → Eastern Standard Time Conversion Chart. ( Reverse the chart below ) 0:00 AM (0:00) UTC =. 7:00 PM (19:00) Previous Day EST. 0:30 AM (0:30) UTC. Converting UTC to EST. This time zone converter lets you visually and very quickly convert UTC to EST and vice-versa. Simply mouse over the colored hour-tiles and glance at the hours selected by the column. UTC stands for Universal Time. EST is known as Eastern Standard Time. EST is 4 hours behind UTC.
XAMPP and phpMyAdmin as localhost provides a local server for developers to test and build web apps. XAMPP is a local server that is installed on personal computers/laptops. It provides a local environment to create, run, and test PHP applications before deploying them on live servers.
We will cover following sections in this blog post:
XAMPP is free and open source web server solution stack. It contains Apache, MySQL, MariaDB, PHP, and Perl. XAMPP is available for Windows operating systems. It is extremely easy to install and use. That’s why it’s the most popular PHP development environment. XAMPP and phpMyAdmin as localhost provides a complete environment for web app development and testing.
Alphabets in XAMPP stand for:
- X — cross-platform (supports multiple operating systems including Linux, Windows and Mac OS)
- A — Apache HTTP Server
- M — MariaDB (Database)
- P — PHP
- P — PERL
- Download XAMPP from here.
- Install the executable file.
- Then click “Next”.
- Choose the components you want to install.
- For most web apps you only need Apache, MySQL, PHP, and phpMyAdmin.
- Select the installation directory where you want to install XAMPP.
- You will be shown a windows security alert. You must check the following option: “Private networks, such as my home or work network”.
- Finally click on “Finish” to complete installation.
- After successful installation, open XAMPP control panel.
- Start “Apache” and “MySQL” services.
To access phpMyAdmin dashboard, click on “Admin” button next to MySQL service. You can also access phpMyAdmin by visiting http://localhost/phpmyadmin from your browser. Here you can create databases. Follow these steps to create a new database.
- From dashboard, click on “Databases” tab.
- Enter database name and click on “Create” button. This will simply create a new empty database.
- Next you can create tables by selecting the newly created database.
- Enter table name under “Create Table”.
- Select number of columns.
- Then click on “Go” button.
- After that you need to fill the form on next page to finish creating table.
XAMPP installation is simple and straight forward. It takes no more than 15 minutes to the setup XAMPP server. Once it’s installed, developers can build and test their PHP based web apps even without an internet connection. Instead of testing projects directly on a live web server, it’s simple and time-saving to test them locally. It’s a great platform for beginners to learn, test, and polish their PHP, Perl, and database skills.
Here are the steps I used to to upgrad MySQL to MariaDB in XAMPP on Windows in about 5 minutes. After completing this process, MariaDB will look and work just like MySQL. You may even notice a performance increase in your website. No need to panic fellow developer, increased performance is perfectly normal and just one of the great benefits of MariaDB over MySQL.
Setup Xampp On Windows 10
IMPORTANT: Before you begin, always be sure to make a good backup. Do not do move instead of copy files in the instructions below as the original files may be required in order to back out and restore the original MySQL environment if it doesn't work out for you.
Xampp Setup Mysql Password
- Open a command prompt.
- Go to your xampp folder.
- Enter the following command: mysql/bin/mysql --version
- Take note of the version of MySQL you have installed. This is the version of MariaDB that you will need. You can now exit the command prompt as the rest of the instructions can be done through Windows Explorer.
- Download the ZIP version of MariaDB making sure that the version matches as closely as possible to the version of MySQL you currently have installed.
- Shutdown your XAMPP server if it is running.
- Rename the xampp/mysql folder to mysql.old.
- Unzip the contents of the MariaDB ZIP file into your XAMPP folder.
- Rename the MariaDB folder, called something like mariadb-5.5.37-win32, to mysql.
- Rename xampp/mysql/data to data.old.
- Copy the xampp/mysql.old/data folder (not just the contents) to xampp/mysql/data.
- Copy the xampp/mysql.old/backup folder to xampp/mysql/.
- Copy the xampp/mysql.old/scripts folder to xampp/mysql/.
- Copy mysql_uninstallservice.bat and mysql_installservice.bat from xampp/mysql.old/ into xampp/mysql/.
- Copy xampp/mysql.old/bin/my.ini into xampp/mysql/bin.
- Edit xampp/mysql/bin/my.ini using a text editor like Notepad. Find skip-federated and add a # in front (to the left) of it to comment out the line if it exists. Save and exit the editor. If you skip this step, MariaDB may not start and you may find an error message similar to the following in the MySQL error log:[ERROR] xamppmysqlbinmysqld.exe: unknown option '--skip-federated'
- Start-up XAMPP. If you can't get MariaDB to start, you may need to use the --skip-grant-tables option. I didn't need to do this but am including this tip in case you need it.
- Run xampp/mysql/bin/mysql_upgrade.exe. Once you do this, the database may no longer be internally compatible with the MySQL version of your server. If you skip this step, you may notice the following error message in the MySQL error log:[ERROR] Incorrect definition of table mysql.event: expected column 'sql_mode' at position 14 to have type set('REAL_AS_FLOAT','PIPES_AS_CONCAT','ANSI_QUOTES','IGNORE_SPACE','IGNORE_BAD_TABLE_OPTIONS','ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY','NO_UNSIGNED_SUBTRACTION','NO_DIR_IN_CREATE','POSTGRESQL','ORACLE','MSSQL','DB2′,'MAXDB','NO_KEY_OPTIONS','NO_TABLE_OPTIONS','NO_FIELD_OPTIONS','MYSQL323′,'MYSQL40′,'ANSI','NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO','NO_BACKSLASH_ESCAPES','STRICT_TRANS_TABLES','STRICT_ALL_TABLES','NO_ZERO_IN_DATE','NO_ZERO_DATE','INVALID_DATES','ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO','TRADITIONAL','NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER','HIGH_NOT_PRECEDENCE','NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION','PAD_CHAR_TO_FULL_LENGTH'), found type set('REAL_AS_FLOAT','PIPES_AS_CONCAT','ANSI_QUOTES','IGNORE_SPACE','NOT_USED','ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY','NO_UNSIGNED_SUBTRACTION','NO_DIR_IN_CREATE','POSTGRESQL','ORACLE','MSSQL','DB2′,'MAXDB','NO_KEY_OPTIONS','NO_TABLE_OPTIONS','NO_FIELD_OPTIONS','MYSQL323′,'MYSQL40′,'ANSI','NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO','NO_BACKSLASH_ESCAPES','STRICT_TRANS_TABLES','STRICT_A
[ERROR] Event Scheduler: An error occurred when initializing system tables. Disabling the Event Scheduler.
- Shutdown and restart MariaDB (MySQL).
- Test your website to make sure everything still works. Once you start making changes to it, you will no longer be able to rollback to the MySQL server.
MariaDB should now be ready to use. Because it is a drop in replacement for MySQL, you will be able to start and stop it from within the XAMPP Control Panel just like you always have in the past.
If anything goes wrong, and you followed these instructions correctly, you can easily restore the original MySQL by simply shutdown XAMPP and renaming xampp/MySQL to xampp/mariadb and xampp/mysql.old to xampp/mysql to put everything back as it was before.
If you prefer to troubleshoot your issue, you may find more information on the problem by viewing the MySQL error log, either by clicking the Logs button for MySQL in the XAMPP Control Panel, or by opening the following file in a text editor: xamppmysqldatamysql_error.log